Used Heavy Truck Parts Network
Aluminum wheels are made from an alloy of aluminum or magnesium and sometimes both. They are the popular and stylish wheels used in modern vehicles of today due to its several advantages compared to the steels wheels that were used by old models and conventional cars. Aluminum wheels provide the same function just like the typical steel wheel, but as part of the wheel's innovation, aluminum wheels has other features that make them preferable and better. Aluminum wheels are commonly available among luxury and high-end cars, and they are not included as standard equipment of a vehicle.
Facts About Aluminum Wheels
Aluminum wheels can be requested or custom made prior to purchase, but it entails high cost compared to a normal steel wheel. However, more and more car manufacturers are producing vehicles with aluminum wheels as an added attraction to cars and are becoming available even among averaged-priced vehicles.
Aluminum wheels are manufactured through the process of casting or forging metal alloys. Aluminum wheels made of forged alloy are lighter and a lot durable than cast alloy wheels, but they are a lot more expensive. Wheels using forged alloys are commonly used in sports cars and other high-performance vehicles. Cast alloys are heavier, but they are less expensive and give out the same durability and style provided by forged alloys.
Advantages of Using an Aluminum Wheel
Using an aluminum wheel has several advantages compared to using steel wheel. Aside from the fact that aluminum wheels are a lot lighter, they also do not rust. Other significant advantages of using aluminum wheel are the following:
- Aluminum wheels contribute to the entire weight of the vehicle. Because the vehicle is lighter, it reduces unsprung mass and allows suspension to follow the terrain more closely, thus improving road grip.
- Because the vehicle becomes lighter, fuel consumption is reduced.
- Alloy wheels can also contribute to the balance of your vehicle. If your vehicle is well balanced, it reduces stress on other vehicle parts such as the suspension and the axles.
- Aluminum wheels help in improving the braking performance of a vehicle because it is lighter. This is advantageous to demanding driving conditions such as car races or off-road drives. This will also reduce the risk of brake failure and engine overheating.
- Aluminum wheels are resistant to rust, tarnishing, and corrosion. Because of its appealing bare-metal look, a paint or wheel cover is no longer needed. Its luster can also remain for years due to its natural ability to resist rust and other corrosive chemicals.
- Because of its malleable property, aluminum wheels can be easily repaired when damaged or disfigured. Repair costs are also cheaper compared to steel wheels.
- Aluminum is proven to be durable and can outlast ordinary steel, which are commonly used in ordinary vehicles.
- Stylish and fashionable. With aluminum wheels, your car looks undoubtedly hip and expensive. Sometimes people look at the wheels of the car to determine economic and social status.
Buying Truck Differential Assembly (Matched Set) from UsWe sell high quality remanufactured/refurbished and used Differential Assembly (Matched Set) for export, repair or rebuilding purposes. If you are a truck owner/operator, trader, dismantler, truck repair shop owner, importer or exporter feel free to contact us with any questions or requests you might have regarding getting the right Differential Assembly (Matched Set) for your medium or heavy duty truck. We have a large network of truck parts stores and can help you find any commercial truck part you may need including a Differential Assembly (Matched Set). We offer a180 day full refund or exchange and 30-day low-price guarantee. Whether you're looking for a new, refurbished or used Differential Assembly (Matched Set) we can find it for you cheap and fast, no matter where in the world you need the Differential Assembly (Matched Set) shipped to. Feel free to check our online catalog or contact our sales department at 1-866-381-2897 (outside US call +1 813.421-8761).